Charlie Pownall has advised companies, organisations and individuals on reputational and communications issues in many sectors and in many countries and cultures.
He focuses on the banking and finance, technology, energy and natural resources, education, start-up and early stage, and government sectors in the UK, Asia-Pacific and Middle-east.
Recent reputational, communications and public relations consulting engagements include:
- Assessed the reputational threats facing a regional south-east Asian bank, made recommendations and strengthened its risk management plan
- Developed a reputation tracking and reporting system for a global transport infrastructure operator
- Devised a multi-year online corporate reputation strategy and plan for a high-profile Chinese technology multinational
- Conducted in-depth market analysis and competitor benchmarking, and developed the global social media strategy, plan and governance for a super-luxury hotel group
- Prepared the Board of Directors of a major conglomerate in South-east Asia for a successful IPO roadshow
- Helped a leading global media intelligence company secure a significant government online monitoring contract
- Provided communications advice and support to a European food service company during a product quality crisis
- Helped a US investment company handle anonymous, false online rumours about an important product
- Advised a UK healthcare company subject to a coordinated media campaign of false and misleading claims about its services
- Advised a start-up coffee firm how to handle negative fall-out from a poorly handled crowdsourced funding initiative
- Provided litigation support to a high-profile family business in south-east Asia
- Advised an up-and-coming UK national politician how to limit potential public reputational damage
- Strengthened the online reputation of a high-profile entrepreneur in the wake of unfair and unproven allegations about his professional conduct.
‘While under pressure, Charlie never loses his calm. I would love to work with him again.’
Director of Political Strategy, Prime Minister’s Office, 10 Downing Street
‘Charlie Pownall brings a truly integrated approach to corporate and digital communications and issues management.’
Regional Adviser, Government Relations, Royal Dutch Shell
‘An authority in crisis and reputation management, Charlie Pownall’s strong understanding, experience and insights were very helpful in understanding the ever-evolving space of public relations and digital communications.’
Vice President & Chief Communications Officer, Telenor India
‘Charlie Pownall understands the broader business context of digital and that is rare with many digital folks. With his leading-edge knowledge, experience and skills coupled with his highly sociable and likeable character, he was a big hit with colleagues and clients alike. A delight to work with and a real differentiator in every regard.’
Chairman, WATATAWA, and former Global Vice-Chairman, Burson-Marsteller
‘Charlie Pownall is one of the brightest professionals I ever had the chance to work with. His deep knowledge of the digital space is matched by his thorough understanding of companies’ business challenges. Above all, he is a strategic thinker who can provide high-level counselling to many industries and companies.’
Senior Manager, Digital Communications, EDF Energy
‘What makes Charlie a great consultant is his ability to use his deep knowledge of online trends and tools to recommend and deliver relevant, pragmatic, actionable digital communication programs.’
Executive Vice-President, Edelman
‘Charlie Pownall played a pivotal role in SYZYGY’s IPO – ensuring that external communications stood out and got the company noticed whilst also ensuring they remained strategically aligned.’
Director of Sales and Marketing, S3 Connected Health
Contact Charlie Pownall to discuss your reputation and communications requirements.