Here are the twenty tools I find most useful for setting up, building, managing, tracking and evaluating your personal and company’s reputation online and on social media.
All are free; the majority also offer a more comprehensive paid-for option.
Domain name use/availability
- Know Em: search for personal or business usernames on multiple social sites
- NameChk: check domain and username availability and registration
- Bing/Yahoo: Microsoft’s search submission, tracking and optimisation tool
- Google: ditto for Google search
- Moz Open Site Explorer: shows which sites link to your domain/sub-domain
Keyword analysis and suggestion
- Google Keyword Planner: Google’s search campaign keyword planning tool
- Ubersuggest: identifies keywords not available on Google Keyword Planner
- Wordstream: identifies keywords for Google and Bing
- Google Analytics: website and campaign performance analysis
- Website Grader: website performance, mobile and SEO-friendliness, and security
Social media analytics
- SocialBakers: free Facebook, Twitter etc benchmarks, country reports and a wealth of other data
- Followerwonk: powerful Twitter follower analysis and management tool
- Tweepsmap: geographic Twitter listening and engagement tool
Online/social media monitoring
- Feedly: user-friendly PC and mobile-based RSS reader
- Google Alerts: basic email alert service for keywords/phrases indexed by Google
- Mention: web dashboard and email alerts covering top social and news sites
- Talkwalker Alerts: simple though powerful email and RSS alert service
Social media management
- Buffer: plan and post to Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms
- Hootsuite: track, post to and manage discussions on multiple social platforms
- LinkedIn Social Selling Index: industry and network ranking, updated daily.
Which free online reputation management tools do you recommend?
Thanks Kate. Do they have a free version?