Much hinges on how you respond to a crisis. A strong response will limit financial and reputational damage, and means you can focus on getting your business running normally more quickly.
Conversely, a poor response can mean it takes years to rebuild your sales and share price, and to restore trust. It could even put you out of business.
This practical, interactive workshop will enable you to understand the main phases and dynamics of a crisis, to respond quickly and appropriately, and to know when and how to start shifting from crisis response to crisis recovery.
- To equip you to respond to and recover more effectively from crises
- To develop and/or test existing crisis response plans and processes
- To improve teamwork, leadership skills, and inter-departmental collaboration.
What you’ll learn
- What to do when a crisis first breaks
- First response options
- Crisis response strategies
- Crisis response messaging and tone
- Crisis storytelling: how to use video, graphics and other visual content during a crisis
- Techniques for mainstream and online media media outreach
- Crisis spokespeople: who, when, why
- Internal communications during a crisis
- Crisis communications and legal
- When and how to apologise
- Crisis review: data, analytics
- Crisis recovery strategies.
Crisis scenarios(s) are run as table-top simulations. As an optional extra, they can take the form of real-time online simulations.
Half, one or two days
Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced
Who should attend
Crisis Team, and/or leaders and practitioners in Corporate Communications,
Marketing, Digital/Social Media, Corporate/Public Affairs, Legal, IT.