Here are some things Charlie Pownall has accomplished during his career in reputation management, communications and public relations:
- Set up and ran the European Commission’s first rapid rebuttal system, later replicated in other EU member states
- Drafted high-profile speeches for the President of the European Commission and other EC officials
- Devised and managed an independent website and online community on European monetary union. The site was shortlisted for FT Business Website of the Year
- Led communications for the 15x over-subscribed IPO of one of Europe’s top digital consultancies
- Grew Burson-Marsteller’s digital/social media offer and capability across Asia by an average 80% per year
- Wrote Managing Online Reputation: How to Protect your Company on Social Media, a top 3 Palgrave Macmillan business bestseller
- His white paper Corporate Reputation in the Digital Age was Highly Commended at WPP’s prestigious Atticus Awards for original thinking in advertising and communication services.